The UK has a thriving research and innovation sector that attracts investment from across the world. Trusted Research is advice and guidance published jointly by NPSA and the NCSC which supports the integrity of the system of international research collaboration. Designed in partnership with the sector, it provides guidance to researchers, university staff and funding organisations to help keep sensitive research and intellectual property secure from theft, misuse or exploitation.
You can find all the guidance and further details about the campaign here.
As part of the current Pride and Joy campaign, we have produced a range of materials for partner organisations that will support them in their Trusted Research journey.
Partner Communications Package
NPSA have a range of materials available for download to help organisations amplify the campaign in their communities.
- Partner Promotion pack - Pride and Joy campaign imagery for use on physical/digital displays and social media, alongside an outline of the Pride and Joy campaign stages and example copy for use with each of the assets
- Communications pack - templates for blogs and newsletters, including statistics and a short introduction to Trusted Research for use in internal/external communications
- Screensavers - Pride and Joy campaign imagery for use as a desktop screensaver or lock screen
NPSA have developed a range of resources to support and embed Trusted Research in partner institutions:
- Trusted Research Evaluation Framework – a self-assessment maturity matrix, with user guide, to help institutions to understand what good practice in research security should look like at an institutional level, and to monitor progress through your Trusted Research journey
- Collaboration Checklist - our new and updated collaboration checklist for researchers and university staff
- Scenarios - fictionalised case studies to demonstrate research security risks and provide sensible mitigation advice for those undertaking collaborations with international partners
- Roundtable exercises - an interactive exercise designed for groups of academics to discuss research security considerations through a fictionalised example research collaboration
- Risk Register - an example risk register to help embed Trusted Research principles in day to day risk management
You can download all the available guidance here, or visit the Trusted Research pages for more information.
- Trusted Research for Academia – Download PDF guidance for the academic sector
- Trusted Research for Industry – Download Trusted research guidance for Industry working with academic partners
- Senior Leaders – Trusted research advice for those in senior leadership positions in their institutions
- Countries and Conferences – Specific guidance for researchers and staff when travelling overseas