Digital technologies and communications are playing an increasingly significant role in how we gather, process, share and store data and information.
Information is a critical resource for any enterprise and is the basis for decisions.
The ability to manage and share the good quality information plays an important role in:
- Improving the effectiveness of service provision and delivery;
- Improving the quality of decision-making and problem solving;
- Supporting collaborative working.
However, if information is lost, misused, modified or accessed by an unauthorised party, it can:
- Adversely affect the privacy, welfare or safety of an individual or individuals;
- Compromise the intellectual property or trade secrets of an organisation;
- Cause commercial or economic harm to an organisation or country; or
- Jeopardise the security, internal and foreign affairs of the UK.
This page provides further information on Security-Minded information management measures to help address these risks.
Please see further information on adopting a Security-Minded approach to Open and Shared Data
- The Information Management Framework20-07-2021Download
- Document Release Guide05-05-2021Download
- Document Release Guide Infographic05-05-2021Download