Security Control Rooms (SCRs) form the hub of a site's security, continuously receiving information from a range of security staff and systems. Whether designing a new control room from scratch or looking to improve an existing control room, consideration should be given to the following items:
- physical design
The guidance contained on this page links the fundamental principles of Deter, Detect and Delay and how these can be provided by a well-run control room.
Further information is set out in
This document gives guidance on the above and should be read in conjunction with other NPSA guidance documents covering the individual technology types which feed an SCR such as Automatic Access Control Systems, Perimeter Intruder Detection Systems, Intruder Detection Systems or CCTV.
- Human Factors in CCTV control rooms - A best practice guide29-08-2023Download
- Human Factors in CCTV control rooms checklist - Manager survey21-09-2016Download
- Human Factors in CCTV control rooms checklist - operator survey21-09-2016Download
- Control room security personnel capability - major events29-08-2023Download
- Control room design infographic27-07-2023Download
- Integrating Electronic Security Guidance21-10-2016Download
- Control Rooms Guidance document 201619-12-2016Download